What does T-MODE stand for?
- Tournament Mode! The name comes from our roots as a video game tournament event. As an added note, our name should be written as T-MODE: not T-Mode, T-Mod or T-Mood (these spellings really happened).
How big is T-MODE?
- We’re a “fun size” convention with about 300-400 people. Our slogan is Small Con, Big Fun! We want to grow larger than our current size, but T-MODE will remain a small convention. We love our very friendly, more personal atmosphere and don’t want to lose those qualities by growing too large.
Is there a discount for group registration?
- Nope. Group discounts have been so rarely used at T-MODE that it just wasn’t worth the trouble to keep them around. We also heard of a few instances of groups that missed pre-registration cut-off deadlines and ended up losing any benefit of a discount because it took too long to organize their groups. So just pre-register early and you’ll still save money without all the hassle!
Is there a discount for children?
- Not quite. Instead, we offer a free badge-only membership to a parent or legal guardian accompanying a paid member under age 14. For details, please see T-MODE’s under-18 policies.
I forgot if I pre-registered or not! How can I check?
- If you’ve lost your email receipts, then contact T-MODE’s registration team and they’ll check for you.
I lost my badge! Can I have a replacement?
- Yes, but you’ll have to pay full price for it. You can thank the increase in attendees who abuse the replacement badge policies at T-MODE and other area conventions. We know you wouldn’t do such a thing, but we have to treat everyone the same. Sorry! (On a related note, if you keep your badge around your neck at all times, you really shouldn’t be able to lose it.) Consult our membership badge policies for more information.
Do I have to bring my pre-registration email receipt when I pick up my badge?
- No, you will not need to bring your receipt with you. Once you pre-register, we add your name to our pre-registration list. That’s it! We like to keep things easy and simple.
But you will have to do other things, like bring a government-issued photo ID so we may confirm your identity. Please review our membership badge policies for full details.
What is your weapons policy?
- T-MODE is currently revising its weapons policy. It should be available soon. Expect it to be on par with other Washington, DC metro area conventions.
What is your sexy cosplay policy?
- It’s pretty simple: if you could get away with wearing that costume on the streets of Rockville, Maryland, then you can wear it in the convention. That said, because someone will try to find that bizarre subset of cosplays that is legally allowable in public yet entirely inappropriate at a convention, the staff reserves the right to disallow any cosplay deemed to be inappropriate.